Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Depends on Many Things – Main Headlines, Title Tags and Much More
If the goal of a website is to generate leads, it is important for the website to:
- Have key product or services pages that have a good search engine PageRank score.
- Achieve a respectable Domain Authority® (DA), a proprietary score by MOZ which predicts how likely a website will rank on a search engine results page (SERP) for a given search term and can be used to assess performance from a specific location.
SEO Basic Service
To jump start the SEO process we offer SEO Basic, a service comprised of a series of steps to help ensure the website can be properly indexed by search engines.
SEO Basic includes:
• Thoughtful consideration to keywords for the title tags and main headline (known as the H1) on the respective pages.
• Develop copy for the meta descriptions. The snippet of text that appears as the copy on the search engine results page for each listed company.
• A description of each photo on the respective pages, known as an Alt Tag.
• Install Google Analytics (Google’s free software for analyzing website traffic and visitor behavior)
Based on what you tell us about your business, who your competitors are and what they do, we use our experience and best practices to get the site indexed. Having it indexed, however, does not in itself assure your website pages will rank well in a given Google search or in a given geographic market.
Google’s algorithm looks at about 200 attributes to decide on what website pages to deliver in a search result. If the goal is to rank well (be on page one) with Google you have to go beyond the SEO Basic.
Search Engine Optimization Services
Beyond the “basics” of having each page properly indexed by the search engine (SEO Basic), is getting the website to appear on page one of the search engine result. This is important because approximately 94% of searchers will not go beyond page one of a search result. If they don’t see an answer to their query, they will revise the search term.
In addition to being on page one it is also important to try to get to the top of the search results page, because approximately 60% of the clicks on the page go to the top three search results on the page.
To get to the top of page one you need to evaluate:
- Assessment of keywords for your specific target market
- Competitors’ rankings for the respective keywords
- Determine how your website is ranking with Google and its Domain Authority
- Evaluate the website copy and other content
- Assess the impact of the approximate 200 attributes the search engine incorporates into the algorithm for ranking your website
Based on this analysis, an SEO plan is developed making recommendations to close the gap between where you are today and what kind of investment it will take to get to Page one.
Unlike many of our competitors who take a one-size fits all canned approach to SEO, we personalize an SEO plan uniquely to your market and competitive environment.
SEO is a process and takes several months or more depending on if you are a local, regional, national or international business; how competitive your market is, and where you are ranking today.