What is included in a maintenance cycle?
What’s included in website maintenance is determined by the website developer doing the work, the tools they use and process they follow. So some variability can exist.
However, every maintenance initiative should at a minimum include the following:
- A restorable backup of the website and database
- Update the WordPress CMS
- Update the Theme (if used)
- Update the Plugins
- Update the server PHP (if needed)
- Remove inactive users from the system (as needed)
Additional website checks may also be done at the discretion of the developer:
- Load time speed check
- Look for and repair broken links
- Delete any SPAM that may be hidden in the CMS or database
- Verify the forms are still functioning correctly and being sent to the right person
- Review WordPress Security Logs